Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What are you up to this weekend? We're...

...chillin'!

My husband returned from a whirlwind business trip yesterday and is recovering from jet lag. I'm recovering from a week of single-parent duty. This weekend is definitely going to be low-key. On Thursday, we're riding our bikes down the Cross Seminole Trail for lunch at Hollywood Bistro. This is bound to become an American Thanksgiving tradition for us (I'll explain why in my next post).

We're on our own for Thanksgiving dinner this year.

The plan:

1) Sip on some very friendly apple cider by the pool.

2) Listen to some J. D. Crowe and the New South.

3) Drool over some smokey meaty smells wafting off the BBQ (we're making a version of this BBQ smoked pork shoulder, as taught to us by Kevin Bevington at an All Grills and More class).

4) Feast!

I honestly haven't given much thought to the rest of the weekend. I'm tempted to stay in my pyjamas and watch cartoons with J. I'll have to put on regular clothes on Sunday though because we're going to Cristiano's Anniversary Party. The party ($10/pp) features Bob's appetizers and prosecco. We'll be on the patio. Come say hi!

Savor your Thanksgiving Eve Seminole!

No comments:

Post a Comment